Add Google Search to Internet Explorer,
Click here to install Googel Search in Internet Explorer.
Fixing Windows Scripting Errors
1a. Start | Run | Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
1b. Start | Run | Regsvr32 jscript.dll
2. Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.
3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
4. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
5. Error message when you browse the web: An error has occurred in the script on this page
6. Scripting errors when you view web pages in Internet Explorer after installing Office 2003
7. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser extensions
(uncheck & reboot).
8. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked
(or if none were checked, check for hijackware anyway):
9. Go to:
Tools / Internet Options / Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.
Disabling Chinese text in Vista / Office 2007
Having Word or Excel switch to Chinese while you are typing can be very frustrating.
Especially when the “reset to default format” hotkeys [control] & [space] can cause it.
To remove Chinese follow these steps:
- Start Control Panel
- Start Regional and Language Settings
- Click Keyboards and Languages
- Click Change keyboards
- Remove unwanted languages, eg Chinese, click OK
- Click Administrative
- Click Copy to reserved accounts, select both accounts, click OK
- Click OK to close Regional and Language Settings
- Close Control Panel
The Login screen should no longer have the “En” button to show and select languages in the bottom left corner.
In Word the hotkeys [control] & [space] should now reset selected text to default formatting.
You may also like to visit Eric Howes' Privacy & Security Pages.
There are also some useful links here.